Monday, January 29, 2007

Green clothes

I finally saw some good green clothing today. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera ready to go, I have had a really bad cold and haven't been on the ball. I guess I should qualify what I mean when I say good green clothing.

I remember really starting to love the color green maybe....a long time ago. It started in high school with a colored pencil. I had a set of six colors that where my signature colors and one of them was a lovely lime, chartreuse color. My love of green in clothing didn't come until a few years ago. I was into a pretty specific uniform of pinks and greens. This commitment to this color pallet made shopping unbelievably easy for me. I would of course wear other colors, but pink and green were the main colors of the wardrobe. I sometimes have such a hard time shopping, a problem that I think will remedy itself once I have more money to spend. Now I what I want is sometimes so unattainable that I usually end up buying nothing. People have said that I have campaign taste on a beer budget, totally true. I would much rather have a few really nice things that I love than a bunch of junk.
Having the commitment to the color pallet made it really easy and I loved the colors. Someone who wears green to me is someone who isn't afraid to be different, they are a risk taker, someone funny and confident. Not all greens qualify. Dark greens, drab olives they don't count. To me there are just another neutral.
Lime, Chartreuse, Spring Green, these are the colors that get noticed.

Green color spotting today:
In class this morning the girl sitting next to me had a bright spring green short sleeved sweater on and fabulous green and cream colored wedgies. Green shoes are awesome.

Sitting on my other side someone had on a light green zip up sweater with a flower pattern.

I also spotted a very bright lime greened pair of sneakers across the room.

No comments: